Mojo verde sauce pizza with step by step – It is a classic combination of mojo verde sauce and crusty pizza with crunchy peppers.
I love pizza! I guess everyone does ! I have been making pizza since few years and I love to make pizza at home.
Recently I received an offer for contributing to cookbook for Monarch Airlines by developing a recipe based on Lanzarote Island which is in easternmost part of Canary Islands. After which I did a little more research about the Island and its cuisines. And now Lanzarote Island is a dream place to go for me. It is a perfect place to go for holidays. It is an island black and reddish rocks with volcanic origins, long sunny days and tranquil atmosphere which would make you feel like you are on a different planet altogether. If you ever plan to visit you can also get a lot more information on monarch airlines website at this link.
During my research on cuisines related to Lanzarote Island, I found this popular Spanish dish Mojo verde. It is believed to be originated in Canary islands and very popular in Lanzarote Island. Traditionally Mojo verde is served with papas arrugadas, Canarian wrinkly potatoes. It is so scrumptious that you can dip nearly everything into it. It’s really versatile. First when I heard of the recipe, immediately, Indian green coriander chutney clicked on my mind. But seriously both are way too different.
I had to try mojo verde and that too with a twist. And yes, I love pizza so it was worth trying an experiment with the duo. And my idea resulted in delicious , yummilicious pizza recipe which me and my family enjoyed a lot.
Lets come to the recipe. We would prepare it in three parts i.e. first mozo verde sauce, second pizza base and third the pizza itself.
1- For Mojo verde sauce
1 cup fresh cilantro
1 cup fresh parsley
4 cloves garlic
1/2 hot pepper (optional)
1 tablespoons juice or lemon juice
2 tablespoons water
1 pinch cumin seeds
2 tablespoons minced green peppers
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
Step by step Mojo verde sauce
1. Wash peppers and herbs. Remove stem and core of green pepper and stem of hot pepper. Peel clove garlic.
2. In a blender add all ingredients together. Mix everything in a blender until smooth.
Note – don’t add all hot pepper together rather add it in small quantities multiple times till you get the right taste to your taste buds.
Mojo verde can be kept in the fridge for a few weeks.
2- For pizza base
2 ½ Cups / 300 gms All Purpose Flour (Maida)
7 grams/1 packet / 2 ¼ teaspoon Instant Yeast
3 teaspoon brown Sugar or 2 teaspoon honey
1 cup / 170 ml Warm Water
2 tablespoons / 30 ml extra virgin olive Oil
1 tsp Salt
¼ cup cornmeal or semolina flour for tossing
Step by step pizza base recipe
1. Take flour, brown sugar, olive oil and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix them thoroughly.
2. Add yeast and sugar to lukewarm water, mix up with a fork and leave for a few minutes, then pour the mixture into the flour mix from step1.
3. Knead the dough thoroughly in a dough maker or by hands for or at least 15 minutes. Smear some oil all over the surface of dough and cover with cling film.
5. Now rest dough for 2 hours at a warm place.
6. Punch down the dough and knead it again for about 2- 3 minutes. Then divide it into 2 equal parts.
7. Take each part and knead again. Use some dry all purpose flour if you need, in case it is too sticky to handle.
3- For Mojo Verde Pizza
Ingredients and Toppings
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon marinara sauce
2 tablespoons mojo verde sauce
2 tablespoons mixed colour peppers, chopped
1/2 teaspoon Oregano seasoning
Cherry tomatoes, sliced
3 tablespoon Cheese (Blend of Low moisture mozzarella, Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese)
Step by step mojo verde sauce pizza
1. Heat up a non-stick pan, add chopped peppers and sliced tomatoes. Saute for a minute to just evaporate water content. Take them out in a plate.
2. Let’s proceed to pizza preparation, pre-heat oven at 240 degree Celsius .
3. Spread some cornmeal or fine semolina on kitchen worktop. Take 1 part of dough and shape it into flawless round ball. Press the dough into flat disc.
4. Now using your finger give it a round shape.
5. Then smear olive oil on the surface of dough.
6. Coat a thick layer of Mojo verde sauce. Then spread marinara sauce.
7. Bake pizza dough for 1 minute.
8. Once dough is baked for 1 minute, take the dough out of oven. Now arrange the sautéed toppings on crust and sprinkle oregano seasoning.
9. Sprinkle the blend of mozzarella, parmesan and cheddar cheese. If other cheeses are not available, only mozzarella should be fine.
10. Bake pizza on 240 degree Celsius for exact 8 minutes (The baking time may vary based on different makes of ovens so keep an eye on pizza). Take it out and let it cool for 2 minutes and serve.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Monarch Airlines