Best creamy mango ice cream recipe egg less with video.
I love mango the king of all fruits. I feel that the combination of mango and pistachios is heavenly so tried to make mango ice cream at home. Some times this ice cream can be combine with hot gulab jamun.
To reduce some preparation time and effort I have used condensed milk. To get the creamy texture, I have added vanilla flavoured custard powder. I found that adding custard powder makes ice cream very creamy.
I haven’t used any ice cream making machine in this recipe still the output is fantastic and super creamy. The trick behind this is grinding the ice cream twice in a mixer before it freezes completely. This is done to break ice crystal which would form if you freeze without grinding and you ice cream would be solid like ice not creamy. Do not skip this step.
If you like kulfi please visit kesar pista kulfi. Do visit my other sweet and desserts recipes collection on my website. Particularly, rasgulla, rasmalai, kaju pista roll, eggless avocado mousse, Kesar pista kulfi recipe and falooda recipe.
Mango ice cream video recipe
Recipe card – Mango ice cream recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla custard powder
- ¾ condensed milk
- 1 cup mango puree
- ½ full fat cream
- 2 tablespoons pistachio, chopped
- From 1 cup of milk separate 4 tablespoons of milk in a small bowl. Add vanilla custard powder, mix it and put it aside.
- Take the rest of milk and heat on low heat.
- Add and mix condensed milk in the hot milk.
- Then add vanilla custard milk prepared in step 1. Stir it vigorously to avoid lump formation.
- Switch off the burner and put the mixture aside.
- Add mango puree, cream and pistachios. Mix it to form smooth mixture. Let it cool at room temperature.
- Pour the cooled mixture in a container. Cover with cling film. Let the mixture set in fridge for 2 hours or till the ice cream is about to freeze.
- Take out the ice cream mixture and grind to a smooth flowing consistency. Again put it back in container and wrap cling film. Let it freeze for 2 hours.
- Again take out the ice cream mixture and grind to a smooth flowing consistency. Again put it back in container and wrap cling film. This time let it freeze for 5-6 hours or over night.
- Take it out 10 minutes before serving and enjoy.
At Step 4 you can substitute the vanilla flavour with mango custard powder. It will enhance the flavour.
At Step 8 Without grinding ice cream would be solid like ice not creamy. Don’t skip this step.