Eggless Apple upside down cake is moist, dense and beautiful cake with hint of cardamom and cinnamon.
I always admire this eggless apple upside down cake because it looks really beautiful. It’s shame that I haven’t tried it before till the last weekend.
Fortunately, when I saw the ripen apples hanging all around on the stems of apple trees I lured to make some apple recipes. When you are getting fresh, organic, chemical free apples who can resist to try hands on it?
Meanwhile, if you are a fan of eggless baking or have any allergy, you may check eggless bakes and cakes.
Coming to the recipe, this recipe is not fussy at all. But few points to remember are –
- Greasing is important so generously grease the tin.
- Baking time may vary, so keep checking by tooth pick method. In this recipe end part may have some stickiness due to apple slices at the base. You may also check the cake by touching it, if its bouncing back its cooked.
- Do not over mix the batter while mixing wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Over mixing cause hard chewy texture.
Normally whatever recipe I post on my blog is tried twice if the recipe become successful. First is trial and then for the blog post or youtube video. But fortunately this recipe came out perfect in one attempt so I didn’t get a chance to click steps pictures.
This eggless apple upside down cake is so simple that I believe that steps pictures are not required. Also I have mentioned all points to remember which would help in making your attempt successful. If you still want it, comment below or on my facebook page. I will make video for you as soon as possible.
This picture below is the upper surface of cake. Look how beautiful it has come up. My family really loved it.
- Dry ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ table-spoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Wet ingredients
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup apple juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For lining
- 2 apple sliced into thin wedges
- 2 teaspoons heaped brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F or 176.5 degree celsius.
- Prepare your baking tin by greasing the sides. I have used 6 inch deep baking tin. At the bottom(base) of tin place a circular parchment paper.
- Now arrange your apple slices in the bottom of the pan in a circular way.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of brown sugar. Set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the milk, sugar, apple juice , lemon juice and vanilla extract. Mix it till smooth.
- Then in another mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and cardamom powder.
- Add the wet and dry mixtures together and mix until incorporates fully.
- Batter will be thick in consistency.
- Pour the batter on top of the apple slices prepared in step 2. and slowly spread it out to smooth.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.Check on it when 25 minutes is done.
- Note - If it is getting too brown but the center isn't quite done then put a cardboard above the cake. Also you can lower the temperature by 5 degree.
- When it's done remove from the oven and allow to cool.