Cold coffee recipe with ice cream with step by step instructions – Easy and fresh homemade cold coffee recipe Indian style.
Past few days in London we are experiencing huge heat waves. So I have been making lot of cold drinks and Ice cream recipes. Today I am sharing the famous Indian style cold coffee recipe. It can be made in few minutes if ingredient are on hands. The main ingredients in this recipe is coffee.
There are three ways of brewing the coffee
First – Brew coffee under 4 minutes – Gives good taste
Second – Cold Brew the coffee overnight – Gives the best taste
Third – Instant mix the coffee with warm water – average taste but not bad
I prefer to use the first way most of the time and used in this recipe as well but to make instant cold coffee you may use the third way of brewing coffee. Making them at home have many benefits. One, it ensures the quality of ingredients we are using. Two, we can alter the favourite ingredient according to personal choice like I prefer more ice cream in my cold coffee. Three, we can save a lot money which we spend in cafes buying expensive drinks like them. I have posted few cold drinks recipes like Iced mocha recipe, Thai iced tea and mango iced tea recipe.
Let’s check out how to make cold coffee recipe with ice cream
- 1 tablespoon espresso coffee powder
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups chilled milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 5 scoops chocolate ice cream
- 5 ice cubes
- For decoration
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 2 scoops chocolate ice cream
- Step 1. Place a sauce pan over medium heat. Bring water to boil and turn off the heat. Add coffee and stir it once. Cover the lid of pan and leave for 3 minute 30 seconds. After that filter the coffee using a sieve in a clean pot. Coffee is ready for next step.
- OR for the instant put espresso coffee powder in warm water and mix it until incorporated. Keep aside.
- Step 2. For decoration part mix cocoa and warm water and keep aside.
- Step 3. In a mixer jar, add the coffee solution prepared above then chilled milk and sugar. Whiz it up for around 2 minutes.
- Step 4. Once the ingredients are incorporated, add ice cream and ice cubes. Whiz it again for 30 - 40 seconds..
- Step 5. For decoration prepare the glass by putting the cocoa mixture on the inner sides of glass.
- Step 6. Pour the coffee into the glass and scoop the ice cream on the top of glass.
- Step 7. If you have cocoa mixture leftover you can use it for decoration. Now its ready to serve.