“Once you have mastered a technique, you barely have to look at a recipe again”
― Julia Child
Ok let’s talk about science behind this basic eggless chocolate cake
Basic Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe Video
Then Pour into pan and tap on the floor twice.
Basic eggless chocolate cake recipe card
- Dry ingredients
- 1¼ cups all-Purpose flour
- 1¼ cups white sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Wet ingredients
- 1⅓ cups milk
- ⅓ cups light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- Frosting Ingredients[/b]
- ¼ cup butter (room temperature)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk (if needed)
- Other ingredient[/b]
- ¼ cup orange juice
- Preparing the cake
- Preheat your oven to 200 C and at the same time prepare one 6" round tall baking pan by lightly greasing and flouring it.
- In a sifter, add all-Purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Then add In a separate bowl add milk, oil, vanilla and vinegar. Mix it vigorously.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until just combined. Don't over mix.
- Then Pour into pan and tap on the floor twice.
- Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
- Preparing the frosting
- In a deep bowl, add butter, sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Mix it with a hand blender. If the frosting seems to be stiff, add milk and mix again.
- Note - make sure that you don't over mix the frosting other wise butter would start to curdle.
- Assembling the cake
- Place the sponge on the worktop then cut the cake horizontally dividing into two equal parts. Take the lower part of cake dab with orange juice then place a dollop of butter cream icing. Spread it to smooth. Take other part and place on lower part of cake. Cover the cake with icing all around. Then garnish with fruits and flowers of your choice.
- I had baked 2 cakes, cut each into two halves and then used 4 layerings of cake thats why it looks much taller and have multiple layers.